With stunning beaches, endless sunshine, plenty of open space, and a relaxed daily way of life, it’s no wonder Perth has become a tempting place to move to.
Like any move within Australia, the sheer scale of the landscape can make it an overwhelming prospect. However, with a little planning and research (and tips from the experts!), you can create a straightforward checklist for a stress-free relocation.
Learn everything you need to know about Moving from South Australia to Perth, and how experienced interstate movers can handle all your relocation needs.
Why consider moving interstate to WA?
There are many reasons to consider moving to a new state, whether it’s to study, start a new job, gain a slower pace of life, or simply enjoy the beautiful landscape and scenery.
Perth and its many surrounding suburbs are known for a relaxed combination of bustling communities (Fremantle), amazing cafes and restaurants (Coogee), and inviting beaches and green spaces (Cottesloe beach and Kings Park), making it the ideal destination for many South Australians.
A checklist for moving to Perth
While Perth is known as an isolated city, it’s also renowned for a great quality of life. From logistic hurdles to making the most of your new home, the following checklist contains all you need to know about a move to Perth.
- Book a removalist – the expert moving solution from KEYS includes packing, loading, delivering, transporting, and unpacking.
- Pack essentials first – including a ‘first-night’ bag and suitable clothes for the warm Perth climate. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Arrange storage – KEYS provide secure storage for any bulky or non-essential belongings
- Change your address – with banks, medical clinics, service providers, utilities, and more
- Get a WA driving licence – if you plan on being in the state for over three months while driving, or consider investing a bike
- Research travel options – get a Transperth SmartRider card to easily top up and ride. Note that Perth CBD has a Free Transit Zone!
- Check out some famous regions – from the many renowned wineries in Swan Valley to the many spotless beaches
- Visit Rottnest Island – become acquainted with WA’s infamously adorable quokka population!
Take advantage of secure storage
Moving interstate can take a lot of planning and organisation, especially if you don’t have long-term accommodation arranged before your arrival. If you are planning to buy a house once in the state, or are only moving short-term for study or a job, taking advantage of reliable storage services from KEYS can be a highly effective solution.
Oftentimes it takes moving house to realise just how many belongings you own! Secure local storage facilities are a great way to keep your possessions safe in the short or long term, where you can easily move all your items into a new home or location once you’ve settled in and created enough space.
Get vital help moving interstate with KEYS
Moving to Perth doesn’t have to be stressful or overwhelming, thanks to the expert instate movers at KEYS. Providing a full-service moving solution from South Australia to Perth, over 700 vehicles and a vast network of connections ensure a secure, efficient move every time regardless of location.