Many exciting opportunities come with a move to Australia’s Sunshine State. Queensland has become synonymous with an easy-going alfresco lifestyle, full of stunning beaches, beautiful towns, and lively nightlife.
Whether you’re moving to Queensland for a bustling life in the city or a chilled outdoor-focused daily routine, carrying out research is key for an efficient move to the right location.
This article contains all you need to know about moving interstate to Queensland and the benefits brought by experienced interstate movers and storage solution providers at KEYS.
The advantages of moving to Queensland
Queensland is one of Australia’s fastest-growing states for a reason. Renowned for having a great balance between cosmopolitan living and a laid-back way of life, it presents the ideal change from the hustle and bustle of Sydney or the remoteness of Darwin.
Queensland is Australia’s second-largest state, offering wide-ranging opportunities for renting or buying property. Choose between beautiful multicultural areas like the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Cairns, Townsville, or Toowoomba.
Moving interstate typically means finding a new job or course of study, and Queensland is known for a broad range of employment and education opportunities. With 10 renowned Universities and thriving tourism, hospitality, mining, and corporate sectors there’s a plethora of exciting opportunities for a successful long-term career.
The vast area of land covered by Queensland provides a diverse range of climates and environments including the stunning Whitsunday islands, tropical rainforests, mountains, deserts, an unbelievable coastline and the infamous Great Barrier Reef.
How to plan for your big move
From well-planned packing to getting familiar with your new home state, correctly preparing for your move to Queensland is essential for a smooth, stress-free transition. Here are key aspects to consider before the big move:
- Research jobs and housing opportunities, to help you plan and budget correctly
- Look into which region best suits your needs, and visit your chosen location before making the decision. Popular spots include Brisbane, Gold coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Cairns, and Hervey Bay
- Gain an understanding of the scale of the state, helping you efficiently plan the moving journey, trips, and accessible local routes
- Book a full-service moving solution from KEYS – including packing, loading, delivery, transport, and unpacking
- Arrange secure short or long-term storage with KEYS for your belongings as needed
- Pack suitably, taking into account the warm climate and how it varies in different regions
- Discover some of the many affordable local and international food locations
- Learn the legacy of the states’ First Nations people, where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders have lived for over 50,000 years
- Get excited about exploring the almost 7,000 f beautiful Queensland coastline, from spotting Humpback whales at Hervey Bay to exploring the stunning Fraser Island
Reliable moving and storage solutions with KEYS
KEYS offer an all-encompassing moving solution, helping each valued customer make an efficient and safe move interstate in Australia. Secure storage faculties and a fleet of over 700 robust moving vehicles ensure each professional moving service is completed to the highest quality standards.