Between skyrocketing rents, rolling lockdowns and the rise of remote work, more Australians are moving to regional areas.
The latest ABS data shows capital cities experienced the largest net population loss on record recently, with over 66,000 people putting the big city behind them. Over 10,000 people moved out of Perth in the first three months of 2021.
If you’re considering joining the tree-and-sea change movement, these tips from an experienced Perth removalist will help make the move as smooth as possible.
Why more people are moving out of Perth to regional areas
Around other regional hubs like Esperance and Kalgoorlie, you’ll regularly find property for under $350,000.
Millennials have been the biggest movers in recent years as more people realise the ‘Aussie dream’ of a big backyard and space to breathe is easier to find in the country.
Moving out of Perth to towns like Margaret River means giving up the commute, spending more time with family and friends, and being able to slow down the pace of life.
As experienced Perth removalists, we’re routinely helping couples and families move out of cramped apartments into country homes.
With space for kids to run around safely and plenty of fresh air, regional living is increasingly appealing to people starting a family.
Living regional, working remote
If you’re one of the many Australians whose company has ‘gone remote’ after the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s no reason to remain in high-priced cities.
You could even move interstate if you can work in a different time zone.
Moving out of Perth: exploring your options
Relocating within WA
Whether you’re a foodie, free diver, grower or grommet, WA is home to some of the best regional destinations in the country.
- Bunbury: WA’s second city offers a laid-back coastal lifestyle with an exciting, accessible cosmopolitan buzz.
- Broome: Head north (and keep going) to discover a rich history of pearl farming and international migration set against the backdrop of beautiful Cable Beach.
- Exmouth: Dive into the crystal-clear waters of Ningaloo Marine Park to explore an alien world, then return to dry land to sample some of the world’s best seafood.
- Esperance: One of the more affordable regional centres is also home to Australia’s whitest beach, world-class surfing, and Cape Le Grand national park.
Thinking of going further afield? KEYS The Moving Solution has over 25 years of interstate relocation experience, helping families move around the country.
- Queensland: Just about as far as you can be from Perth, Queensland’s golden sands and abundant sunshine are perfect for people seeking a slower life.
- Victoria: You’ll never be bored when surrounded by stunning scenery, world-famous wines, local gastronomy and loads of adventure.
- New South Wales: A straight shot across the country from Perth, you’ll find vibrant cities dotted along stretches of rugged coast, or head inland for wide open space.
KEYS, the Perth removalist making your regional relocation easy
With over 25 years of local and interstate removals, KEYS The Moving Solution makes regional relocation a breeze.
Our team has the resources and experience to help you plan, pack, move and get set up in your new locale.